Occasionally, clients ask us if it is necessary to contract the services of a lawyer when selling or buying a property in Spain. The answer is always the same, it is not necessary or compulsory. However, it is highly recommendable, especially if one considers the legal consequences.
If you are not yet taking legal advice, we can introduce you to a number of local and well-established law firms. They will be able to assist you with all your legal matters such as:
· Due diligence of the legal defects in the acquisition of property
· Transfer of property equity into another name
· Advice on and negotiation of mortgage
· Complex preparation of contractual documentation – contracts for the transfer of real estate, lease contracts on residential and non-residential premises, pledge contracts etc.
· Other queries you may have
In the Marbella area, the fee for property related transactions starts from 1% + VAT of the agreed property price.
Do you have any questions feel free to contact us and we will get back to you shortly